Friday, August 24, 2007

And You Just Thought I Needed To Go On A Diet....

Here's the latest member of our growing family!



We went for our first doctor's appointment this morning. Everything went great and all is well. We really weren't positive how far along I was, but now we actually have a due date.

February 1st, 2008

So that puts me at 17 weeks. Even though I knew the due date was sometime in early February, for some reason I just hadn't thought about already being 17 weeks. I'm almost half way done! (Especially with my track record of early babies!)

We were all there for the appointment except for John David since he was at school. Julia was VERY excited when we told her what the sonogram was. She and John David both have really wanted another baby. For quite awhile recently, they kept teasing me that I had triplets in my tummy. They didn't even know I was pregnant, but they thought that was funny. At least I only had triplets - Daddy had sextuplets! Hahahahaha! Anyway, I was relieved to see only one baby in there today. =)




At this point, we don't know for sure if it's a boy or a girl, but the lady doing the sonogram is pretty sure it's a boy. We'll have another sonogram 2 weeks from today. Hopefully, we'll know for sure after that one. I was excited to find out anything today because I had thought that we were just too early for that. I guess not!

The baby currently weighs about 6 ounces. Not much to account for all the food I've been eating. John affectionately calls me "The Ravenous Beast" whenever I'm pregnant. He thinks it's so funny that I'm always soooo hungry. I tease him back that he's sympathy eating with me. Then I ask him when his baby is due. He always answers "A few months after yours". Hahaha. You're so funny, John Clay.

The only disappointing news we found out is that it's likely I will have to have another c-section just because I had one before with Aulora. I've been hoping to have a natural birth, like I did with Julia. My doctor said she would think about it and that I was a good candidate. Apparently, there is only one doctor in all of SA that allows a normal birth after you've had a c-section. There's a 1% chance that the old scar would rupture during birth. So if we didn't go with a c-section, it would be a very monitored birth. I'm sure I don't even know what all that entails at this point. I just know that recovering from a c-section was horrible! So we'll just have to wait and see about all of that.

Crystal, I guess we'll be twinkies and it will be a race to the end. I remember whenever I was pregnant with John David and it was all so new. I loved going to my parents' house
to watch "A Baby Story" (they had cable - we didn't even have a tv!). I watched it constantly and John made fun of me. He always thought the show would be so much better if they had several women in side by side rooms, all competing to be the first to have their baby. Maybe that little dream will come true for him. Wouldn't that be fun......

19 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Another Sullivan baby! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! i didn't even know! congratulations!!! i'm so happy and excited for ya'll!!! you make absolutely adorable babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! what an exciting time for ya'll! you can talk to my mom-she had four kids too. but if she says anything negative about me, it's not true :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally I can talk about it! I've watched for this posting FOREVER!

    Oh, and I think you're about the best baby making machine around!
    (except for sarah of course)
    B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L babies! Even the boys!

    Congratultions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Now I know it's safe to try all those recipes you've been posting... For a little while I was worried there were side effects...
    Ok - that sounded mean. You're beautiful! And perfect! And You are so very blessed!
    I am very, very, very happy for you!
    And I'm glad we're able to be happy together about it.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't even there to know before anyone else like usual. I usually know almost as soon as you do. The only one I didn't figure out before you were ready to tell was John David, and I didn't know you till he was 18 months old. Broke my stinking track record by moving. Darn the luck! (Oh yeah, this isn't about me. Congratulations- even if it is a boy! j/k)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'll make sure and get the next one!! hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another boy! What joy....I'm happy for you and pray you have a easy delivery and a good, good baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am so excited for you. so excited!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your babies are the cutest, I can't wait to meet this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats i am so excited for you and I hope things go good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yea for february babies! have him (?) on feb. 13, and he can share a birthday with ellie! or on feb. 7, and he can share a birthday with landon! and yea for more babies with those pretty la eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay, it's not fair that you're farther along than me because my belly is farther along than you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea! I'm so excited for you and John! You guys are awesome and your babies are beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats are in order. You do like to keep people guessing for a long time. Crazy girl. You probably find it entertaining. Lol. happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea!!! Congratulations!!!
    I think I should hang out with you...or drink the same water...or try your recipes in the hopes there really are side effects! :) Yea for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the pregnancy!! Just to encourage you . . . I had an emergency cc the first baby, but the 2nd, I opted for a scheduled cc. I was a good candidate for a VBAC, but it wasn't that important to me. And I know our views on pain meds differ (I'd take an epidural the moment I saw 2 lines on the preggy test if they'd let me), but the recovery from the 2nd cc was SOOO much easier. Not even on the same level. So if you do end up having to have one, maybe it won't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YEAH!!!! How very exciting and surprising! Your little ones are so precious and sweet and I really hope it's a boy so we can all have little boy playmates for years to come.

    I must say that it is rather depressing that you are 17 weeks pregnant, and I totally cannot tell. When I was 17 weeks pregnant, people were asking me if I was due the following month. Nice.

    ReplyDelete