Saturday, August 25, 2007

Telling John David The News

We still hadn't had a good chance to tell John David that he's going to have another little brother (or maybe sister). So this afternoon while the girls were napping, we sat on the couch with him and showed him the sonogram pictures.

John: Do you know what this is?

John David: My teeth? (he just had x-rays done at the dentist)

John: No-o-o

John David: A baby? (after really studying the pictures)

John: Yes!

John David: Is it me when I was baby?

John: No-o-o

John David: Julia?

John: No-o-o

John David: Aulora?

John: No-o-o (you could totally see the wheels turning in Little's head by this point)

John David: (smiling hugely now) The baby in your tummy??? (pointing at my own tummy, even though he did not previously know I was pregnant. it was just a big joke.)

John: Yes! A new little brother or sister for you!

John David: It's a boy??? (I think he saw where it said "boy" on the picture)

John: Maybe - we're not sure yet.

John David: Oh, boy! I'm going to be a big brother finally!

Me: No, you're going to finally have a little brother! We'll find out in a couple of weeks if it's really a little brother. It might be a sister. What would you do if it was a girl?

John David: I would send her back and get a little boy! I want a brother! We already have enough girls around here!

John: That's what I'm saying....... =)

5 comments:

  1. That is funny!! I wonder if John wishes he had boys on the quiz team. It will be the second year with ONLY girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You know I was only kidding when I mentioned that JD needed a brother! Didn't think you'd take me seriously...lol...

    But after having 2 boys (6 yrs difference) is quite a challege. I'm sure JD will not like being the big brother once the younger one can get into his stuff!! At least that's what I experienced with Steven & Jason, and now Jason & TJ... but, good luck anyways!

    ReplyDelete