Thursday, August 23, 2007

Meatloaf Recipe

I'm sure I'll regret sharing this later on but I'll be generous. This recipe is not for your average meatloaf. It is sooooo good and even if you're not a big meatloaf fan, you should try it out. I try things a little differently every time I make it and it just keeps getting better so don't be afraid to change it to your own family's liking.

Ingredients:

1 small can tomato sauce
3/4 cup bbq sauce (I use cattleman's sauce and we LOVE it)
1/4 cup ketchup (no need to actually measure everything - just pour it in!)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 pounds ground sirloin (or ground chuck - usually this is what I can afford and I don't think it makes a difference in the taste)
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash garlic powder


1. Preheat oven to 4oo.
2. Combine tomato sauce, bbq sauce, ketchup, and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Heat it until it starts to bubble, stirring often. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, add about half of the sauce mixture to the meat. Use your hands to mix it together until it's well combined.
4. Combine remaining ingredients with the meat - flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Work it all in with your hands.
5. Place the meat mixture into either a loaf pan or a 9x9 pan. Wrap foil over the pan and place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
6.Now clean your kitchen and set the table. =)
7. After 30 minutes, take pan from oven, remove foil, and drain the fat.
8. Use a knife to slice the meatloaf (this is to help it cook better so don't leave this step out). Pour remaining sauce over top and spread it around. Do NOT replace the foil.
9. Return it to the oven for 25-30 more minutes or until it is done.
10. Think of me when you eat it. Unless you don't like it for some reason - in that case, you probably cooked it wrong. =) hahaha

Do not even think about using instant potatoes with this masterpiece. Make them from scratch - it will be worth it. Call me when it's finished too so I can come and eat it with you!

If you want this recipe, you better copy it down quick before I change my mind and delete it. =)

4 comments:

  1. Why would you delete this? I freggin' love meatloaf and I am excited to try it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would delete it because, and I quote, "I am stingy with my recipes". Thanks for being so giving with your meatloaf. Neill thinks his meatloaf is better than mine. We shalt see now. I already copied it into word...hehe. no take backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. I made your meatloaf tonight and here's the problem: it was watery! I know I must have done something wrong, but I DID drain the fat out like I was supposed to. The flavor and the smell were AMAZING!! Maybe I just didn't cook it long enough??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm....don't know. I've never had that problem. Mine comes out juicy but not watery. Maybe next time I make it I'll make a little video to post. I'll be like Rachel Ray. =) ha! That's the recipe I use though. I don't measure everything out anymore. I just kind of dump stuff in until it looks right.....Sorry it didn't come out perfect. =(

    ReplyDelete