Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's Not About Me

My heart hurts so badly right now. I've hurt this way before and it's probably my least favorite hurt I know. When someone you have invested into and you feel a personal responsibility for fails, you also feel like a failure. You start to feel like you're in the wrong place doing the wrong thing.

My broken heart is not solely or primarily because of my own sense of failure, but it does heap more hurt on top of it all. I mostly ache for this young person. I ache because of where she is and how deceived she must be to act this way. I ache because I somehow got too busy over the summer to go hang out with her like I had intended. Would that have changed how things are now? Maybe not. But I'd like to think God would have used me and the testimony I have in this same area to get through to her. But I got too busy and life was about me. It's so easy to forget that life is not about me......

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do or say to make it better?
    Really. I'm less about talk and more about action than ever. I want to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord bring a peace to this situation. I pray that you would Impart wisdom and discernment, work through La in this persons life.

    Psalm 147:3 He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know really what you are talking about and really don't need to, just know that i am praying for you and this young person tonight as i lay down in bed, and for as long as i need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your pain all too well. It's one of my girls, too, I'm assuming. Funny how you can not know for sure, but have an idea, and it hurts no less than if you knew all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that you have at some time or other planted seeds in this young person. You cannot do all you might want because your first responsibility is to your family; but you have tried to help. Now it would seem as this young person has made some choices that are not the best and we all make choices not always for the best. I'm praying for her but you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a beautiful servent of the Lord. He knows what you have on your plate. Sometime people have to go where they go so that God will be the one to pull them out. The glory is his. Your are a proverbs 31 women, you can see it in the way you serve your family and church. I know that you planted seeds in this persons life. God will water them. I will be praying in aggreement with you for whoever this young person is. I am sorry that you hurt. I know that God will give you peace and He will ease your pain. You have to know that you let your light shine and that is what we are called to do. You are truly an amazing women! Thank you Jesus for L, for her heart, for her dedication to her family, to your people Lord Jesus. Thank you this wonderful role model you have placed in front of me as well as in front of all the youth. I Jesus name.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have spoke more into her life than anyone. i guarantee you that. she is in my prayers as well. i have faith in her and what has been imparted to her in her lifetime. God knows exactly where she is and has not forsaken her or forgotten her. she'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete