Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe

This is a new recipe I made on Monday night. I tweaked it quite a bit to what I thought would taste better and I think my changes made it taste much better than it would have. This is not an overly fancy dish, but it's great for just the family along with a salad and some good bread. It made lots - enough for 1 meal for all of us plus 3 leftover servings I've eaten over the last couple of days. It still tasted great even when I reheated it in the oven this evening. Yum yum!

Ingredients:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 bags of cooked white or brown success rice (the bags come 4 to a box)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheese soup (I used Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup)
2 cups grated cheese or more!
Ritz crackers
melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut up chicken in bite size pieces. Cook in skillet with butter and salt and pepper (or whatever seasonings YOU like).
3. In a 9x13 baking dish, combine the cooked rice, cooked chicken, soups, and grated cheese. (Save some cheese for the topping.)
4. Top with more grated cheese and crushed up Ritz crackers mixed with melted butter.
5. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Like I said, not fancy but yummy!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm. Sounds yummy. You left out your greens I noticed. As compared to the recipe I have, you left out the broccoli and added a can of cheese. Sounds like a winner. The more cheese, the better the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most all of my main dishes are without vegetables because I have a picky husband. I make veggies as side dishes....

    ReplyDelete