Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Garage Sale Pictures

Here's A and me washing John's car in the pouring down rain. Frankly, I don't know how A managed to look that hot in these pictures. We were both soooo tired and extremely sore. What a great actress, I guess. (Why were we washing this car? It was for sale and it was very dirty. John wanted to wash it himself that morning - when it wasn't raining - but I told him no because it would get too much other stuff wet. So when it started pouring down rain, he called and humbly asked if I would get some dish soap and wash it real quick. That's the story.) Don't you think we could be models in car magazines or calendars ? And please don't hate us just because we're so great looking in the rain. We can't help it. =) It's just the way God made us.......


I didn't think to take any at the very beginning so these pictures really don't do it justice. We had already sold a bunch by this point. This was a stinking huge sale.




The man wearing black in the picture below was forking over some major bucks to buy A's tiller. We were amazed that he had that much cash on him and that the tiller sold that quick. God was good to A that day! You should have seen her smiling.


Missy was a tremendous help with the kids. Aulora will go to her almost as quickly as she'll go to me. Thanks Missy!



And here's the picture of M kissing........her coffee table! She sold it and was kind of sad to see it go. I think the money in her pocket helped to take out the sting.





Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for.....All together, we made around..........

$2000!

It was a super duper weekend. I'm incredibly happy that it's over though. If I EVER have THAT much stuff again, I'm just putting a for sale sign in my yard and leaving the country......

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! That's a lot of money!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, you tithe'd on that $2000, right? ;)

    John's in Indy? We're about 3 hrs north of there.

    All of John's roadtrips were full of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for us. We did so well. Of course you, A, and E just blew it out of the water. I think day 2 is what I will try and remember the next time a garage sale conversation is brought up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking next time we should pay the youth kids by the hour to do it for us...
    That was grizzly!

    ReplyDelete