Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Way it Works

Ok, my Dad is horrified by the green outfit I bought for the baby. He thinks it is, and I quote, "so gay". Whatever. It's absolute cuteness. I'm not asking for comments saying it's cute - you all might think the same thing my dad does. I just wanted to go on record saying that I don't think it's gay. I love it and I can't wait for my little man to wear it. And the way it works is this -

I am the one who is pregnant for 9 months.
I am the one who gets big and whale like.
I am the one who can't drink Dr. Pepper because of the caffeine.
I am the one who has to go to the bathroom constantly.
I am the one who gets to be poked and prodded nonstop at the doctor's office.
I am the one who will soon have hairy legs because I won't be able to reach them with a razor.
I am the one who can't sleep on their back because I have a husband who rolls me over all night long so I don't cut off the baby's oxygen. (I'm not kidding.)
I am the one who will be blessed with gorgeous purplish-blue stretch marks on my belly.
And I am the one who either gets to go through painful labor or a painful c-section recovery.


Soooooo.....

I am the one who gets to decide what I dress my baby in. Sorry, Davus. =)

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't know what I would do if I heard my dad utter the words "so gay"...seriously, I think I would just be in shock for a while.

    And, yes, you do all the hard stuff, so you get to decide. I agree! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute... You're pregnant?














    hehehe Gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I was wondering if you could offer my friend some advice/help with a baby issue. Her daughter, who is 2, refuses to keep her clothes AND diaper on when she is taking a nap. My friend always walks into the room with lovely "surprises" waiting for her in Cate's bed, on the wall, on the floor...gross. My friend has tried making the kid wear her clothes backwards so she can't get to the buttons and zippers, but Cate has managed to find a way out of everything. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can go here to see what I'm talking about. Inside this post, my friend has another link to a previous post about Cate and her clothes issue.

    http://family-mcmillian.blogspot.com/2007/08/naptime-nudist.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like they're dealing it with the best they can. Pretty smart! I've never had that problem and I don't think I could come up with anything smarter if I did. Of course, there's always duct tape.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously??? John rolls you over? I knew he was weird.... lol ;)

    ReplyDelete