Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day Pictures





Here's my little man on his first day of first grade. It wasn't easy to take him and leave him, but it was waaaaaayyyyyyy easier than K-5. He was so peppy and bubbly and could hardly keep from running to his classroom. I stayed and watched through the window for awhile along with another mom. The first thing his teacher had them do was to choose a book from the shelf and take it to their desk. He chose the same book he pointed out the other night and buried himself in it. His mouth was shut, he was sitting still. I pray this is still the case 45 minutes later as I type this post.

I really like his teacher so far. His K-5 teacher seemed not so friendly a lot of times, but this teacher seems so welcoming and sweet. I'm sure more will come later this afternoon.......

7 comments:

  1. i was gonna look for you today, but i had a good number of friends/family there. i guess that's what happens when you come from a big family! i hope john dadid has a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your brother looking all sharp in his school shirt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry beth - i deleted your comment only because it had the name of the school. didn't want that little detail on there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He really looks handsome in that uniform. For some reason reading this made me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big boy! Aw! How proud he looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh... they grow up so fast don't they?

    ReplyDelete