Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Meatloaf Drool

We won a huge battle last night that will hopefully be the beginning of a new phase. Julia is a very picky eater. That would actually be an understatement. We've never put our foot down and made her eat anything. The rule has always just been nothing else to eat unless she first eats her dinner.

Last night I was just tired of it. She's almost 4 and eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, macaroni, pizza, spaghetti, McDonald's burgers, and chick-fila nuggets. That's about it other than a couple of breakfast things and snacks. No fruit, no vegetables, nada. Soooo not good.

So when she refused to eat any dinner even though it was really good and kid friendly too, I decided to put my foot down. I was ready to stick to it all night if necessary. She was told she had to at least TRY the meatloaf. One little bite. That's all. It was much quicker than I anticipated but ended up lasting about 15 minutes with some meatloaf drool on her shirt as a souvenir. But she ate a bite. That tiny little victory felt so great. It gave me hope that maybe she'll be ok after all. Next time it will be more than one bite, but I figured it was a good start.

**As a side note, I will say that the meatloaf drool came out of her white shirt with Tide. I love Tide with Febreeze. Ahhhhhh. One of my most favorite smells.....

3 comments:

  1. hannah was an extremly picky eater when she was little, so we used to tell her that all meat was a kind of chicken. that is the only way she would eat any other meat.

    she thought roast was brown chicken. but now she eats a variety of meats. i think they kind of grow out of the pickiness,if you keep offering other items consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, in our house, everything changed when I got the TAZOR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. there still hope...Jason's almost 9 and still won't eat any meat outside of chicken or salmon patties. And obviously, he's far from starvation. ;)

    ReplyDelete