Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Best Trip Ever (just kidding)

John and his fine arts group left on Sunday afternoon at 2:30. They spent the night about 4 hours away where my in-laws live. Then they headed out Monday morning for Indianapolis. They STILL aren't there. They did not stop in a hotel last night either. I thought he was joking when I called him this morning and he said they were still driving. But he was quite serious. =(

They were delayed about 3 hours yesterday getting a tire fixed on our van that he was afraid was about to blow. After being back on the road for about an hour, a different tire did actually blow out. The tire place was supposed to have checked all the tires - apparently they did not do a good job. Soooo, they spent another few hours trying to get the blowout fixed. They ended up sleeping at a rest park for about 5 hours and then started driving some more. They are still at least 4 hours away, I think.

All of this was not the first of the frustration either. If you had the pleasure of being around me on Saturday afternoon or Sunday, you may have heard me gripe about Enterprise. It's such a very long story but the bottom line was just that they ended up having to use our own personal van, plus 2 other personal vehicles. I would have been stuck driving John's truck except that Delana was kind enough to once again let me borrow her car. It is not fun to try to squish a car seat into the back row of that truck. Thanks, Lana!

Please say a prayer for our group that they will all still love each other once they get there and that, at some point, they will actually get there too. I'm so glad I'm not on that trip........

3 comments:

  1. I have to say our own experience with renting was not pretty. D. we need a church van. Just my opinion. But I personally put alot of stock in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I'm kinda embarrassed about my airline complaint now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...Yeah that blowout scared me to death!! It was on my side to, and I was sitting in the front... So creepy! But we are all good now!

    ReplyDelete