Thursday, August 09, 2007

Aulora's No Good, Awful, Horrible, Rotten Day.......Just Kidding. It Wasn't That Bad

My baby girl had a check-up today - along with 3 shots and blood drawn from both her little arms. =( It wasn't fun at all. I was worried that she would feel bad and be cranky all day but she was wonderful! A little motrin goes a long way, I guess.

Anyway, it's the most awful feeling to have to hold your baby down while someone hurts them. I hate shots and they have made me faint plenty of times, but I would take them for her any day if I could........

3 comments:

  1. Just remember that she will be a teenager some day. Hold on to these memories for comfort on the days when you would like to poke her with a sharp object. But then again, maybe you don't want to think about that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear ellie cry all the time. all the time. and it doesn't make me want to cry, well, most of the time. but when she goes to the doctor and the give her a shot, i cry. every time. i can't help it. it's just that look like one second she's happy and laughing and then all of a sudden there's a look of shock like, "something terrible just happened!" and then that scream and all i can think she's thinking is, "how could you let that happen, mommy?!"

    oh, i can't even think of it.

    i always cry at the pediatrician.

    ReplyDelete