Sunday, August 12, 2007

Only 2 More.....

2 more days until we're "back in the saddle again". (Yes, Biggie, I know this song because of you.)
Tomorrow is open house and a meet and greet type of thing. We're definitely going since I've never even met the 1st grade teacher. I know her name and John David says she's very nice. She's been teaching for 15 years so she's experienced.

Earlier in the summer, John David would groan if I told him how many more days until school started again. But not anymore. He's so excited. First grade is apparently such a big deal. Mainly, it means no more nap times. We all keep telling him that one day he will wish he could have a nap, but he does not see the luxury in it at 6 years old. I think that maybe you get to have a desk in first grade also, instead of a group table. Wow. That is important. There's some other perks too, but I'm not privy to them at this point. I'm sure I'll be informed soon enough.....

5 comments:

  1. I was always so happy when school ended and dreaded when it started up again. I did enjoy my boys! I guess a better word is LOVED 'em! Funny - I still do.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in 1st grade is a huge deal. It's one of his many steps into "Man Hood". Plus I think they start having homework. Jason had it 3 nights a week. In 2nd it was 20 minutes worth every night. I'm sure it'll be the same in 3rd...wow. Third grade already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Privy. That is a very grown up word. You are such a grown up.

    I saw your comment somewhere that you are almost 30. That has got to hurt..ouch. For those of us a whole year younger. We do not use words like privy, or speak of the so far away, world of 30. I guess I have alot to look forward to next year.

    (o.k. so my b.d. is in October, at that point I will allow you to lump me into the late 20's category and we can plan out our retirements)

    JK..of course

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what comment you're talking about. Almost 30??? I think not. I'm so young, I still smell like a baby.

    Besides, privy is not a grown-up word. It is a smart word. So there. I'm smart and young. Don't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are smart. You have managed to keep your wits about you, even at your age...

    hahahahhahahahhahahahahhaheeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete