Monday, August 20, 2007

My Little Clone?

Julia has really started to show interest in the piano and she likes to get out some of my music books and pretend to play the song. (Although she doesn't think she is pretending. To her, she's really doing it.) Some kids like to bang and pound on the keys but not Julia. She presses the keys softly and listens to what they sound like. I love watching her play.

Yesterday I had the rare opportunity to sit down and play the piano for a little while. When I finished playing she took my hand and gave it sweet kisses and then gave me hugs. She asked if I could teach her how to play songs like I did. I was smiling soooo big! Of course I told her I would. Watching her learn to play from little beginner books will bring back so many memories from when I was little.

I always loved to play but I didn't always want to practice what I was supposed to. I'll never forget sneaking into the kitchen to change the timer my mom had set for my practice time. I bet she thought that 30 minutes went really fast. =)

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. I've always wanted to start learning how to play. But I don't think piano is for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to play also. Julia is so sweet. I am sure your song was also.

    ReplyDelete